Date: March 25, 2020
I would like to start this letter by letting you know; we have made your child’s health our priority. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy. Next, we want you to know that we are here for you. All staff is still working to provide each student with a quality education. We can communicate in one of the following ways.
- A staff member will be contacting you twice a week to see how things are going. Please share thoughts with them when they call. You can talk to them about your concerns, the best ways to contact you or use them to get a different teacher to contact you.
- E-mail: This is the best way to reach a teacher. Students already have access to emailing their teachers in Schoology. All students should know how to use Schoology, but if anyone needs help, you can find directions for Schoology on Morton’s district web site. Option number two would be through regular email. All staff email addresses start with their first name followed by a period, then the teacher's last name followed by the @Mortonisd.net). Example:firstname.lastname@example.org. You should get a response relatively quickly to your questions during school hours.
- You could call the Junior High’s number is805-266-5505 ext 401 to talk to me
The Basic Plan so students can keep learning
Each week we will provide students with a packet of work. Depending on your internet capabilities, two types of packets are possible. Option one is a paper packet— parents could pick up on Monday at the Junior high each week. Paper packets will be available from 10 to 3:30. Option two is the electronic lessons sent to your child through your child’s Chromebook. Both of these options will contain the work students need to complete their classes.
Setting a time and place for learning to take place can greatly increase your child’s ability to learn. Please find a place in your house where your child can work on learning. Next, please take advantage of this sample schedule. The advantage to this schedule is corresponding teachers will be actively waiting for students to contact them with questions. These times will be your quickest return time for questions. Feel free to adjust the schedule to meet your family’s needs, but please have a clear routine for learning. A day with structure and routine is important for helping students succeed while at home. Junior High students are expected to work at school at least 4 days a week for three hours a day.
- 7:30 to 9:00 Wake up, eat, clean room
- 9:00 to 9:45 Math
- 9:45 to 10:30Reading
- 10:30 to 12:00 break
- 12:00 to 1:00Lunch
- 1:00 to 1:20Social Studies
- 1:25 to 1:45Science
- 1:50 to 2:10One elective subject (Computer, Band, or Art)
- 2:10 to 2:30PE
- 2:30 on School is out
David Van Wettering